Culture & Identity
- To promote ‘Culture and Identity’ by supporting cultural, educational and social initiatives
- To preserve threatened cultural heritage, if ‘responsible parties’ are lacking the required resources
- To prepare, to conserve, and to spread cultural heritage including cultural identity
KulturBrennerei Genshagen e.V. is a young non-profit association established in 2019. The charity’s mission is to preserve the cultural heritage of the historic Genshagen Estate & its listed distillery and to develop them into a rural cultural space with regional and European appeal. The KulturBrennerei promotes arts, culture and education and its activities contribute to European awareness.
In 2019 Stichting Horizon funded the pilot project “Ein Freiraum für die Künste – a free space for arts”. The aim is to establish a studio-, reading- and event space in the former Genshagen Estate’s distillery and to design a programme for this space with a particular hallmark and attraction. The project focuses on 5 areas:
- visual art;
- art and cultural mediation/cultural education;
- project management, development of the association, programme and concepts.